Followers

Looking for the monthly challenge? Click on the tab below.

Friday, June 26, 2015

Today and Always


 
Hello, everyone!  I’m Olga and I am both thrilled and honored to have been invited by Donna Maligno to be a guest designer for this month at Craft-Dee BowZ. The theme for June being "wedding", I'm excited to share my card project with you.

A little about me…..I started handcrafting cards after taking early retirement almost 8 years ago. It all began when my talented sister-in-law talked me into buying some supplies to get me started. Well, in a very short time I fell in love with this beautiful craft and have been enjoying it ever since. You can view my work on my blog here.

To me, there is something about weddings that calls for elegance. Maybe it’s the gorgeous attire of the bride and her bridal party or the beautifully decorated wedding reception halls. Traditional colors of ivory or white, accents of gold, and pearls and bows immediately come to mind. So, here is the card I created for June’s wedding theme. I do hope you like it.

I started with GKD (Gina K Designs) Pure Luxury Ivory card stock for my base. I cut a layer in ivory using a Sue Wilson’s Spanish Collection – Granada die and outlined the edges with a Sakura Gelly Roll gold pen. This layer was then adhered to my base card. Next, I cut another layer in wedding designer paper using a die from Sue Wilson’s Spanish Collection – Seville set and layered it over the ivory layer.

A Poppy Stamp Claudette Oval Frame die was used to create my frame which was then stamped with a sentiment from GKD Elegant Florals stamp set using Versamark ink. The sentiment was then embossed with gold EP and adhered to my prepared base card using dimensionals.

In my final steps I attached a pearl spray "branch" to my card, created my double loop bow (using my Craft-Dee BowZ bow maker) in ivory satin, attached a lace butterfly and added a pearl to its center. This completed my project.

I hope you enjoyed this post and have been inspired to create a wedding card. You just never know when an invitation may arrive requesting your presence at another beautiful wedding!