Followers

Looking for the monthly challenge? Click on the tab below.

Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Thinking of You!

It's the fourth Tuesday of the month, which means it's my turn to share a card with you here at Craft-Dee BowZ where the challenge this month is ANYTHING GOES AND INCLUDE A HANDMADE BOW.  I used an adorable image by Bildmalarna and a bench by Hanglar. The pretty die cut up in the corner is by Cheery Lynn. One of the greatest joys about being on this small Design Team at Craft-Dee BowZ is that we get our own Tuesday each month to display a card to inspire you to join our challenge so we do the best we can to give you ideas on how to use ribbon on your creations!


I colored my image with Copics and fussy cut around her to sit her on the bench that is also fussy cut. You know how they say it's the little things that count? I'm detail oriented (big surprise!) and after I fussy cut this little image and was placing her on the bench, I didn't like seeing the white of the paper on her hands that are supposed to be leaning on the bench so I took a black Sharpie and made sure you can't see the white on her palms so her hands look like they are touching the bench. I've noticed that so many card makers are even more detail oriented than me and it makes me feel better that I sit and pick apart my cards before calling them 'finished'. I think all of us are our own worst critics.

 The sentiment is one of many in my collection and I have no idea who made it since it came on wood and years ago I unmounted my stamps, neglected to write the name of them on the bare rubber, and now claim ignorance to the manufacturers. Oh, the tiny butterfly is one of a set of 4 on one die by Memory Box and I hand drew the antennae.


And here's my double loop bow. It came out so pretty and I didn't adorn the center, like I usually do since I was going for the CLEAN look on this card. My little Craft-Dee BowZ tool hangs on a hook on the side of my Copic cubby within reach. I received it in December and have used it for every bow I've made since then, even cards not for CDB!  It's the one tool that I use on a regular basis!


Thank you to Donna at Craft-Dee BowZ for the ribbon I use on all of my DT cards with them. I receive gorgeous ribbon each month to play with and this cream ribbon is my favorite so far this year. The shear area has such a beautiful shine to it and the satin edges are so soft! Can you tell by looking at the picture above how pretty the ribbon actually is? 

The Design Team has had a fun month creating and displaying to you cards that are on the topic of "Thinking of You" with our monthly colors of aqua, cream and moss (not particularly all on the same card).  I hope you've enjoyed seeing them enough to leave even a short comment on the Designers' blogs and that you've joined in this month's challenge at Craft-Dee BowZ of ANYTHING GOES AND INCLUDE A HANDMADE BOW. If you haven't added your card yet, you need to do so right away since the challenge closes in just a couple of days!

                                                                                  Hugs,
                                                    Gail