Followers

Looking for the monthly challenge? Click on the tab below.

Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Warmest Wishes

Hi Everyone,

Barbara here and let me welcome you to 2014.I'm sure by now you've heard that quite a few times.  Today I am taking a trip back in time, back to the late 50's and early 60's when winters were colder, and much more snowy. When I was a kid, I loved going ice skating on a lake about a mile from my house. On weekends we'd all get together and go skating and build a fire and have a blast.. So when I spied the skates die from Tim Holtz/Sizzix, that really brought those memories back home.And of course I had to have those.

Let me share this card with you.



Those skates in the background are a wooden pair I bought  years ago at a craft fair. Couldn't pass them up., they are so nostalgic. BTW, I still have my skates from my teen years and they still fit. Now I am not so sure I could skate today, though. LOL

 The  bow made for this card has 3 loops on each side of the knot and after I fuss with it a minute or two, the bow becomes really fluffy. I thought a fluffy bow would be the perfect addition to this card.

Components I used on this card:
Dies  -Ice Skates  Sizzix/Tim Holtz, Circle Spellbinders, Striped Mittens - Memory Box Precious Mittens
Embroidery Floss - for laces on skates
Stamped Sentiment - Heartfelt Creations - Christmas Sentiment Circles
Paper/Card Stock - Cream Card Stock, White Card Stock, Vellum, DCWV (used under vellum)
Ink - Distress Ink Chipped Sapphire
Ribbon
Bow Maker - Craft-Dee BowZ tool

Don't forget each Tuesday is a new post from members of the design team. Tuesday Jan. 14 Kim Bell will be sharing a post. Thanks for stopping in today.